What follows is a guide for how to navigate this site, and get the most out of the material. Be sure to note the Create your Own Retreat section, as we feel this is what sets the HillHouse program apart from the multitudes of other writer’s retreats and writing programs.
I have never been pampered and treated so well. Bravo HillHouse Writers! You guys have figured out the perfect formula. Equal parts support and leave you alone. I’ll be booking a stay next year!
- An Overview of the Movable Feast Program.
- Explanation of Craft Responses
- Craft Responses- a blog series featuring short, critical expositions of various elements of craft.
- Here you will engage in registering for your Customized Hillhouse Writer’s Retreat, and Create Your Own Workshop Schedule.
- Purchase your Movable Feast.
- Explore premium retreat upgrades, add-ons, and options.
- Get a quote for editorial, freelance writing projects and more.
- Equip yourself with some HillHouse Swag
- Description detailing the long, strange trip of how the HillHouse Writer’s Retreat Series came into being.
- To-the-point synopsis explaining HillHouse’s Commitment to your writing and artistic process.
In this section of the site, you’ll find materials explaining, step-by-step, the elements that make up The HillHouse Writer’s Retreat Series Movable Feast. These include the pre-retreat Create Your Own Writer’s Retreat Process, the on-location Retreat Itself, and the Post-Retreat Mentorship Program.
- Under the Create Your Own Writer’s Retreat heading, you fill find information about the many ways HillHouse works with you to create a retreat experience curtailed to your individual artistic and personal needs. These include our variable Movable Feast locations, Customizable Workshop Schedule, individuated survey process, personalized culinary experience, and a flexible retreat schedule. Also in this section you will find our digital catalog of workshop offerings.
- In the Retreat Itself section you will find descriptions of what you can expect while at the retreat, including: The HillHouse Mentorship Program, our Workshop Philosophy, social events with a community of artists and writers, visiting artists, readings and activities, as well as the groundwork you will lay for the Post-Retreat Mentorship Program (working with your mentor to devise a Study Plan).
- The Movable Feast Goes Home section describes how the At-Home Mentorship component of the program works. Here, you will learn exactly what the work you do with your mentor will entail, as well as the form it will take: the Creative Bundle, post-retreat Study Plan, and Progress Letter.
- Real responses and feedback from former attendees of the program.